Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September Bloom in Experimental Garden

I love hot summer weather and it is a good thing because North Carolina has just completed the hottest summer on record. 

 

Bees are still coming to the garlic chives.




thank goodness for those volunteer morning glories that are giving us such beautiful color and we do not even have to water them.  Good thing because we are in a drought.







Sedum is changing color.











And the polinators are hard at work gathering the late pollen.

Good ole begonias continue to give us colorful blooms.    

 
The last of the peppers are struggling in the hot dry weather.



Gotta love my banana trees that my daughter (check out her blog here)   gave me several years ago.  They survive our winters and come back every year.  Even if they have not bloomed for us yet.  


 

Now I am collecting milkweed pods and hope to grow some in my garden next year.




Then we will have more blooms for our favorite pollinators, the girls honey bees and the butterflies.  

 



4 comments:

  1. That hand has no glove! I love bees and looked into keeping them at one time~The drought has been terrible here as well...I am hoping we start getting rain~sigh! gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, I'm with Gail on the no gloved hand! Brave person..

    ReplyDelete
  3. aloha,

    i enjoyed the garden tour, love that huge banana grove, hope you get some this year or some great flower blooms that you can harvest :)

    thanks for sharing this today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post...gotta love those morning glories!

    ReplyDelete